Women’s Health Needs Guide
Dr. Nieca Goldberg’s Complete Guide to Women’s Health explores the range of medical problems that might bring a woman to a doctor’s office, from hormonal imbalances to heart disease. The advice provided in the book is geared to realistic expectations. Up-to-date medical information is given in an easy-to-read, woman-to-woman tone of voice.
Guide to Woman Health Overview
Women today are likely to find themselves under a lot of stress, low on energy, gaining weight, and not sleeping well. The book takes all these factors into consideration.
Some of the information in the book includes;
- The normal physical changes that can be experienced as a woman becomes older.
- Treatments for over- and underactive thyroids and hormone issues.
- The signs, symptoms, and management of type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Facts on fertility, contraceptives, pregnancy, and menopause.
- Information on good breast health, including preventive breast-cancer measures.
- A comprehensive heart-to-heart discussion about the cardiovascular system.
- Dealing with GERD, stomach ulcers, gallstones, BS, IBD, and colon cancer.
- Strategies for keeping bones strong and fending off arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Coping with foot and back pain.
- The importance of diagnosing sleep apnea and insomnia.
- Revelations about the mind-body connection.
- Countering stress and relieving depression.
Women’s Guide to Health Discussions
Dr. Goldberg emphasises that women’s bodies are not just small versions of men’s. Women have different medical needs and different ways of relating to treatment. This can result in women not getting the care they need. Women must get in the habit of telling their doctor everything, including:
- Any symptoms being experienced
- Medicines and supplements being taken
A woman should ask about the benefits and risks of various treatments and procedures such as chemical peels, Botox and breast implants.
Healthy lifestyles dealing with diet and exercise are geared to realistic expectations.
Taking the Fear out of Women’s Health Issues
The insightful, expert advise provided in the Complete Guide to Women’s Health will empower women and take the fear out of dealing with health issues. In taking charge of their health care and their lives, they will be able to make informed choices while making decisions about what to do about them.
About the Author
Dr. Nieca Goldberg is a cardiologist and a nationally recognized pioneer in women’s heart health. Her New York City practice Total Heart Care focuses primarily on caring for women. Dr. Goldberg is Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine and Medical Director of NYU Women’s Heart Program, the Co-Medical Director of the 92nd Street Y’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Center, a national spokesperson for the American Heart Association’s “Go Red” campaign – an association for which she has volunteered for over 15 years and been a board member in NYC.She was formerly the Chief of Women’s Cardiac Care at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City.